January 25, 2022
To Our Downtown Community,
The New Year rings in celebration for the Downtown St. Louis Community Improvement District (CID) as our petition to continue providing special services for 10 years has been approved! We could not have reached this achievement without tremendous community support from residents, property owners, and stakeholders who endorsed our organization and vision for the Downtown community.
It is an exciting time for the District, as we look to expand the scale of our core services and introduce new community-centered programs this year. We plan to focus on the following initiatives during the first quarter.
- Revisit connection methods with CID property managers and increase frequency of formal meetings.
- Introduce new avenues of communication with CID stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Captain Ron Johnson and SLMPD to create security plans for small businesses Downtown.
- Continue contributions to #LightMySTL, specifically investing in areas needing updated lighting for pedestrian traffic.
- Increase staffing of new pedestrian engagement programs: Ambassador Program and Youth Ambassador Program.
While we are eager to begin formalizing plans and partnerships, we would like to request additional feedback from the community regarding our services. The CID constructed a variety of new initiatives during its inaugural year as an independent organization in 2021, taking distinct steps towards the new path that we stand at today. We are asking for your input on our recent work and future plans for the District within this quick, one-minute survey.
We look forward to reviewing your comments on the Community Improvement District’s work and incorporating past successes into the framework of new developments.
As always, you can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 335-2307.
Kelli J. McCrary